Whether you're buying or selling a home, you are relying on the professionalism and determination of your agent to get you the very best deal possible.
When you consider that the average agent sells less than a handful of homes a year, however, it's more likely than not that your own agent will only engage in passive sales and marketing, as opposed to adopting a highly active approach.
A passive approach is essentially a "sit back and wait" policy whereby the agent doesn't make strenuous efforts to promote the property and purely relies on market forces and often sheer luck to get the job done for you.
This philosophy, of itself, often explains why homes don't get sold and buyers don't get the best options.
So what does an active agent do every day on your behalf?:
- Proactively looking for buyers and sellers daily.
- Networking with the top agents in town.
- Talking to your neighbors in the search for buyers.
- Giving you regular updates as to why your home is not selling with suggestions to turn the situation around.
- Vigorously searching for properties that are not on the market yet.
- Staying on top of the newest listing with technology to ensure you get notified ASAP when new homes hit the market.
- Constantly speaking to sellers so they know when a home is about to go on the market or get a price reduction.
If you aren't getting the right results from your agent, find out today if he/she is working to the above principles. If not, well it's probably time for a change, so why not contact us to learn how we will adopt an active approach on your behalf at all times.